Saturday 16 February 2013

Elliott has (tacitly) acknowleged my tutoring

Yes; it's true! Elliott has stated on his Face Book page, "Creationism and the Origin of Life", that he is taking time off to further his studies; this is EXACTLY what I suggested he do in my last post, as well as earlier in the lesson series. I sent him the message below via the blog, so that he knows how happy I am to have assisted his education.

Elliott; I’m truly touched. An associate has just sent me a screen-cap of your Face Book page “Creationism and the Origin of Life”, in which you have stated you are taking time off to concentrate on your studies. I’m so happy that you have elected to follow my advice and extend your knowledge of the fields of philosophy and apologetics (I’m assuming those are the areas you are focusing on).

It is always gratifying to a teacher when a student demonstrates that they have gained insight into the field of study covered in a course and have chosen to go further. I am happy that my lessons have had such a positive influence on your life, and I will be glad to offer advice and further constructive criticism if and when you feel the need to request it.

By the way; the challenge to a REAL debate, as opposed to those "live debate" chats you have on tiny.url, still stands. I know you won't ever do it (WAY too challenging for you), but I'll keep pressing you. You'll never be taken seriously by the academic community until you learn to play by the rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment